Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The Agony of Defeat Part I

Like most of the athletes who attended the Chinese Olympics, I, too, left Beijing without a medal. (Or even going there, but let’s not ruin the metaphor, shall we?) While it was a bit disheartening to realize I had chosen poorly with my project, I cannot help but rationalize because of the stellar results. Starting over after approximately 140 rows was clearly the right decision. Winning the Gold and having a silk shawl I would NEVER be happy with or wear would have been the loser way out.

Here is the finished triangle:

”Triangle

I am now nearly finished with the lace edging, some more pix soon. Still figuring out where to block the thing !

Playing catch up:

First, here’s the finished pix of the baby socks for the darling twins. I’m supposed to get to meet the little darlings soon!

Baby Socks

Second, here are the groups of squares I’ve gotten in trade at my quilt guild:
Asian

”Asian

Batik

”Batik

Black and White

”Black

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home