Monday, February 20, 2006

Kimono Squares and Olympic Knitting Update

The Kimono Quilt class I took yesterday was really good. Here is a picture of the first three blocks I made:

First 3 Kimono Blocks


I made 3 more blocks today – pictures tomorrow, maybe.

As for the Knitting Olympics, the closer I get to the end of the knitting phase, the more work I see I have left to do! Here’s a picture of my almost completely knitted bag with brocades I am considering for the lining. It’s still going well – let’s hope I don’t fall like all those ice dancers last night! The USA ice dancers currently in second place are local folk, so I’ll be watching, cheering them on and knitting later tonight! Tanith Belbin and partner Ben Agosto train in Canton, MI, about 20 miles from me - and my Senator got Tanith her citizenship so she could compete as an American. (She's originally from Canada, which is just south of here, LOL!)

Which lining? So many brocades, so many choices…

Olympics 5

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The kimono square are beautiful! I would so love to know where u got the pattern - my daughter is now living in Korea and I would like to make a quilt for her. Please share - it is so gorgeous! Tks! marilynthompson97@hotmail.com

1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home